General Description /Main Features
Clean Current has developed a family of turbines ideally suited to the marine tidal environment. Leveraging the proven technology from the river in-stream turbine (proprietary generator, bearing, turbine blade and duct) and the bi-directional tidal technology, Clean Current has added a central yawing bearing to provide the turbine with the ability to orient itself directly in-line with the flood and ebb tides. The result is a system which is simple, yet robust and designed to operate with minimal maintenance over a 25 year period. The product family has been developed to suit tidal depths ranging from 7.0 to 20+ metres of water at low tide. These units produce a rated power for a rated current speed as shown in the Table below.
|Min Water Depth (m)|
|Rated Power Output (kW)||Rated Current Velocity (m/s)|
This family of tidal in-stream turbines provides the customer with the following benefits:
- Simplified design enhances reliability
- Proprietary coatings and application methodologies
- Fault tolerant generator specifically designed for the marine environment
- Yawing system ensures optimal flow alignment on both flood and ebb tides
- Demonstrated superior turbine performance
- Totally submerged, ducted structure
- Can be either seabed mounted or mounted to a floating structure
- Easily deployed and retrieved, even in remote locations
- Autonomous operation and remote performance monitoring
- Ideally suited for remote locations as it is easily integrated with other renewable energy sources and existing diesel generation
More detailed product information is provided in the product brochure.